Who We Are1
We are the Community Ventures Society.
We are a non-profit (for-benefit) society serving the Tri-Cities and beyond (Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Mission and Abbotsford). We provide Foster Families, Summer Camps, Respite, Life Skills, Community Inclusion, Specialized Children's Residential, Outreach, and Shared Living services to support people with developmental disabilities and their families.2
We Believe in the Strength of the Community.
We know that connecting the people we serve to the community makes our community stronger.3
We Believe in Inclusion.
We work for social change, making our communities more accessible and inclusive.
- We provide person-centered service
- Our staff are skilled and values-based
- We serve people of all ages
- We consider families as experts and we work hard to meet their needs
- We are connected to the communities in which we are based
- We are collaborative and work with others to advance inclusion