Salary: $20.78 /hour
Community Ventures Society is a small non-profit agency providing services to adults with developmental disabilities and children & youth with special needs. Our vision is inclusive communities where people belong and have opportunities to contribute.
We are seeking a Residential Child/Youth Care Worker for casual shifts in a Children’s Specialized Resource in Coquitlam. You will be supporting a youth with autism. Typical shifts might be 5pm-12am weekdays, 12am-10am (awake overnight) and 10am-5pm weekends.
At CVS we pride ourselves in our work. On a daily basis, we work to create the conditions that make for a better quality of life for the people we support. We need staff who are creative, values-based, and respectful. In return, we create a flexible and fun environment so that our employees can thrive and have the freedom to help change people’s lives.
*Community Ventures Society respects and appreciates our community’s different cultures, backgrounds, orientations and abilities. At CVS, we are committed to fostering and supporting teams of people that reflect this diversity.
- Your responsibilities in this position will include supporting and fostering independence, effective communication and community access.
- Experience with challenging behaviours and working with people who have autism is preferred.
- Certification in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training or the MANDT system is also an asset. We do provide extensive training on the unique needs of each individual you would support.
- A clean driver's abstract and criminal record check are required.
- A current First Aid/CPR certificate.
Please submit resume with brief cover letter.
Job Type: Casual