Salary: $21.92 /hour
Community Ventures Society is a small non-profit agency providing services to adults with developmental disabilities and children & youth with special needs. Our vision is inclusive communities where people belong and have opportunities to contribute.
Casual positions available
We are seeking a Residential Child/Youth Care Worker for casual shifts in a Children’s Specialized Resource in Coquitlam. You will be supporting a youth with autism. Typical shifts might be 5pm-12am weekdays, 12am-10am (awake overnight) and 10am-5pm weekends.
At CVS we pride ourselves in our work. On a daily basis, we work to create the conditions that make for a better quality of life for the people we support. We need staff who are creative, values-based, and respectful. In return, we create a flexible and fun environment so that our employees can thrive and have the freedom to help change people’s lives.
Community Ventures Society respects and appreciates our community’s different cultures, backgrounds, orientations and abilities. At CVS, we are committed to fostering and supporting teams of people that reflect this diversity.
- Your responsibilities in this position will include supporting and fostering independence, effective communication and community access.
- Experience with challenging behaviours and working with people who have autism is preferred.
- Certification in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training or the MANDT system is also an asset. We do provide extensive training on the unique needs of each individual you would support.
- A clean driver's abstract and criminal record check are required.
- A current First Aid/CPR certificate.
Please submit resume with brief cover letter.