Salary: $20.78 /hour
Child & Youth Workers needed
Casual 4 hrs/wk - 4 positions
If you want to feel like you are making a positive change in people's lives, Community Ventures Society is interested in YOU. CVS is a small, values-based, social profit agency providing services to adults with diverse abilities and children & youth with special needs.
We are looking for enthusiastic people to work in our Outreach program with youth after school or on weekends. We need people who can connect with the youth and provide the necessary support. A brief description of each position is listed below:
1. Supporting a 16 year old girl and working with her on self regulation, communication, and providing positive interactions in the community. Saturdays from 10am-2pm.
2. Supporting a 15 year old girl by providing ongoing community inclusion experiences, exploring interests and activities she can learn to eventually do independently. Weekdays after school.
3. Supporting a 17 year old boy through his employment program, and helping create independence by teaching him how to use public transportation. He would benefit from a worker who can act as a positive influence, is active, and can connect while playing sports. Monday and Wednesday afternoons.
4. Supporting a 17 year old girl to develop her social skills, as well as teaching some money management skills. Shifts are flexible.
Your duties may include:
- Supporting individuals to find and retain paid employment
- Teaching life skills aligned with personal and employment goals
- Supporting individuals to run their own social enterprises
- Supporting and encouraging independence and self-determination
- Recreational and leisure activities such as swimming, hiking and many more
- Facilitating community inclusion and relationship building
- Teaching and facilitating effective communication
- Passion for working with people and positive attitude
- Experience with behavioural support or behaviour intervention an asset
- Class 5 drivers license
- Reliable car (w/ business insurance) and First Aid and CPR certificate
- Some education and/ or experience working with people who have developmental disabilities
What CVS offers:
- Positive, safe and value-based environment
- Flexible shifts and fun atmosphere
- Excellent benefit package
- Advancement and learning opportunities
- Appreciation for creativity and diversity
Community Ventures Society (CVS) respects and appreciates our community’s different cultures, backgrounds, orientations and abilities. At CVS, we are committed to fostering and supporting teams of people that reflect this diversity.
Our work culture values and honours differences; promotes dignity, equality and diversity; and encourages people to develop and maximize their true potential. Community Ventures Society welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin or disability.
Please reply to this ad with resume and a short cover letter.
Job Types: Ongoing Casual
Salary: $20.78 /hour