Salary: $19.45 /hour
Community Support Workers needed
Casual/ Part Time up to 32.5 hrs/wk
Monday- Friday 9am-3:30pm
If you want to feel like you are making a positive change in people's lives, Community Ventures Society is interested in YOU. CVS is a small, values-based, social profit agency providing services to adults with diverse abilities and children & youth with special needs.
We are looking for enthusiastic people to work in our Community Inclusion Program (supporting adults with diverse abilities) in Port Moody from Monday to Friday, 9 am - 3:30 pm.
Your duties may include:
- Supporting individuals to find and retain paid employment
- Teaching life skills aligned with personal and employment goals
- Supporting individuals to run their own social enterprises
- Supporting and encouraging independence and self-determination
- Recreational and leisure activities such as swimming, hiking and many more
- Facilitating community inclusion and relationship building
- Teaching and facilitating effective communication
- Passion for working with people and positive attitude
- Experience with behavioural support or behaviour intervention an asset
- Class 4 driver's license or willing to obtain one (we pay the cost)
- Reliable car (w/ business insurance) and First Aid and CPR certificate
- Some education and/ or experience working with people who have developmental disabilities
What CVS offers:
- Positive, safe and value-based environment
- Flexible shifts and fun atmosphere
- Excellent benefit package
- Advancement and learning opportunities
- Appreciation for creativity and diversity
We also offer our employees counselling, a computer purchase program, and access to corporate cell phone rates. Our advancement opportunities include training in Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC), Trauma Informed Support, Mandt and Positive Behaviour Supports. In addition, you will have the whole community as a place to connect people and help them to be the best they can be. We recognize our staff for their achievements and we celebrate successes!
Please reply to this ad with resume and a short cover letter.