Salary: $25.54 /hour
Hours: 35 hrs/wk Monday to Friday 12pm-7pm Flexibility is required.
This is an online position with 10 hrs/wk administration time.
You will be supporting a youth with a developmental disability in his own home (Specialized Resource).
This is an opportunity to make a real difference in the life of a youth. You will be working with a team of devoted staff with a common goal, well supported by CVS.
The individual you will be supporting loves outdoor activities and learning new things. He is verbal but there are some barriers with communication. He can become escalated during challenging situations but responds well to redirection.
Experience with dual diagnosis and behavioural supports/ behavioural intervention is required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures home is operated consistent with CVS policies and procedures. The Children's Residential Program Coordinator ensures that all relevant decisions are based on CVS Values, Vision and Mission.
- Supervises staff.
- Reviews the progress of the individuals residing in the home and makes written and/or verbal reports as required.
- Ensures that individuals served actively participates in the development of their own Care Plans.
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings for the individuals living in the home.
- Assists the Manager of Children's Specialized Services in staff supervision, performance appraisals and for recommending discipline when appropriate. Together with individual staff members and team, develops performance plans for staff consistent with the objectives established in ISP's for each individual served by that program.
- Provides formal and informal, positive and constructive, feedback to all staff in the program.
- Monitors the emotional and physical well-being of the individuals residing in the home.
- Assists staff to develop life skills training and self management programs for the individuals living in the home. Facilitates physical, recreational, educational and, possibly, vocational activities.
- Provides a positive role model to staff and individuals served by CVS.
- Provides written and/or verbal reports as required and the reports may include monthly reports, incident reports, and expenditure reports.
- Maintains all records necessary for the provision of service to the individuals in the home.
- Ensures that PBS plans are followed.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicates effectively in both written and verbal format
- Demonstrated ability to teach and work effectively with others in both a group and one to one setting
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Knowledge of theory, principles and practices of the field
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to be empathetic and supportive of the needs of the individuals served by CVS, Staff and coworkers.
- Ability to provide formal/informal positive and constructive feedback
Education and Experience
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Human Services or a related field
- 1 to 3 years previous direct experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community based services to adults with mental disabilities and the related provincial and community support is required
- Supervisory experience is required including the ability to manage staff performance and ensure program accountability
Criminal Record clearance
Valid BC Class 5 Driver's licence
This position requires the individual to function independently and within a team and to provide direction and support to a variety of personalities. Staff may be required to work under pressure dealing with individuals served by CVS in emergency or crisis situations.
At CVS we pride ourselves in our work. On a daily basis, we work to create the conditions that make for a better quality of life for the people we support. We need staff who are creative, values-based, and respectful. In return, we create a flexible and fun environment so that our employees can thrive and have the freedom to help change people's lives. As an employer, we strive to be responsive, respectful and open.
Please forward resume and cover letter.