Maple Ridge, BC
Salary: $26.94 /hour
Hours: 35 hrs/wk Monday to Friday 8am-3pm. Flexibility is required.
This is an online position with 7 hrs/wk administration time.
You will be supporting two ladies in a home in Maple Ridge.
You will be working with a team of devoted staff with a common goal, well supported by CVS.
The Program Coordinator role entails supporting one of two women with diverse abilities, in the comfort of their own home. The successful candidate, along with coordinating the staff team, will be taking either of the individuals out on community based activities, assisting in planning their social calendar, as well as assisting them in their home (this includes some light housework and cooking). You will also be responsible for managing the care plan for the two women that are supported in the home.
Experience with behavioural supports/ behavioural intervention is required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures home is operated consistent with CVS policies and procedures. The Residential Program Coordinator ensures that all relevant decisions are based on CVS Values, Vision and Mission.
- Supervises staff.
- Reviews the progress of the individuals residing in the home and makes written and/or verbal reports as required.
- Ensures that individuals served actively participates in the development of their own Care Plans.
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings for the individuals living in the home.
- Assists the Manager of Specialized Services in staff supervision, performance appraisals and for recommending discipline when appropriate. Together with individual staff members and team, develops performance plans for staff consistent with the objectives established in ISP's for each individual served by that program.
- Provides formal and informal, positive and constructive, feedback to all staff in the program.
- Monitors the emotional and physical well-being of the individuals residing in the home.
- Assists staff to develop life skills training and self management programs for the individuals living in the home. Facilitates physical, recreational, educational and, possibly, vocational activities.
- Provides a positive role model to staff and individuals served by CVS.
- Provides written and/or verbal reports as required and the reports may include monthly reports, incident reports, and expenditure reports.
- Maintains all records necessary for the provision of service to the individuals in the home.
- Ensures that PBS plans are followed.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicates effectively in both written and verbal format
- Demonstrated ability to teach and work effectively with others in both a group and one to one setting
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Knowledge of theory, principles and practices of the field
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to be empathetic and supportive of the needs of the individuals served by CVS, Staff and coworkers.
- Ability to provide formal/informal positive and constructive feedback
Education and Experience
- Degree or 2 year Diploma in Human Services or a related field
- 1 to 3 years previous direct experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community based services to adults with mental disabilities and the related provincial and community support is required
- Supervisory experience is required including the ability to manage staff performance and ensure program accountability
Criminal Record clearance
Valid BC Class 5 Driver's licence
This position requires the individual to function independently and within a team and to provide direction and support to a variety of personalities. Staff may be required to work under pressure dealing with individuals served by CVS in emergency or crisis situations.
What CVS offers:
- Positive, safe and value-based environment
- Flexible shifts and fun atmosphere
- Excellent benefit package
- Advancement and learning opportunities
- Appreciation for creativity and diversity
We also offer our employees counselling, a computer purchase program, and access to corporate cell phone rates. Our advancement opportunities include training in Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC), Trauma Informed Support, Mandt and Positive Behaviour Supports. In addition, you will have the whole community as a place to connect people and help them to be the best they can be. We recognize our staff for their achievements and we celebrate successes!
Community Ventures Society (CVS) respects and appreciates our community’s different cultures, backgrounds, orientations and abilities. At CVS, we are committed to fostering and supporting teams of people that reflect this diversity.
Our work culture values and honours differences; promotes dignity, equality and diversity; and encourages people to develop and maximize their true potential. Community Ventures Society welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin or disability.
We provide reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the selection process and throughout your career. We focus on ability and we work with candidates to find innovative solutions and support for people of various backgrounds and needs.
Please forward resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.94 per hour ($28.39 as of April 1, 2021)