Salary: $18.15 /hour
Community Ventures Society is a small non-profit agency providing services to adults with developmental disabilities and children & youth with special needs.
Our vision is to have inclusive communities where people belong and have opportunities to contribute.
At CVS we pride ourselves in our work. On a daily basis, we work to create the conditions that make for a better quality of life for the people we support. We need staff who are creative, values-based, and respectful. In return, we create a flexible and fun environment so that our employees can thrive and have the freedom to help change people’s lives. As an employer, we strive to be responsive, respectful and open.
*We have a Permanent Part Time position available supporting 2 adults in their own home in Surrey.
The hours are:
Sat, Sun 3pm-10pm
Sat, Sun 8am-3pm
Compensation: $18.15 hourly to start.
The residents would prefer someone who:
*is energetic and highly motivated
* has a love for cooking
* can support them in their community based activities
* can coordinate and plan their parties and social events
* has respect and support for their strong family values
The Residential Support Worker (RSW) strives to create a warm and comfortable home atmosphere that fosters a sense of belonging and empowerment for the individuals who live in the residence. As part of an effective team, the RSW ensures the well being of each resident and provides opportunities for growth and development in response to the wishes and interests of each individual.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Your responsibilities in this position will include sustaining a safe and supportive home environment, supporting and fostering independence, effective communication and community access.
- Aids people served with life skills training and self management. Assists participants in planning activities and facilitates physical, recreational, educational and vocational activities.
- Recognizes potential emergency situations, analyses situations accurately and develops strategies to deal with such situations in conjunction with other service providers.
- Fosters positive, collaborative and professional relationships, in all environments
- Reviews daily activities and progress of individuals served by CVS
- Ensures the general maintenance, upkeep, safety and security of the home
*Experience with individuals who use a wheelchair for mobility is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to be empathetic and supportive of the needs of the individuals served by CVS, families and co-workers
- Good organizational and time management skills
- High level of initiative and attentiveness required
- A clean driver's abstract and criminal record check are required along with current First Aid/CPR certificate.
- A class 4 driver's license (or willingness to obtain as soon as possible) is required.
Please forward brief cover letter and resume.