Maple Ridge, BC
Salary: $20.78 /hour
Community Ventures Society is a small non-profit agency providing services to adults with developmental disabilities and children & youth with special needs. Our vision is inclusive communities where people belong and have opportunities to contribute.
We are seeking a Residential Child/Youth Care Worker to support a youth in a Specialized Resource in Maple Ridge. She is an amazing young woman who has overcome many challenges and needs a solid, supportive person to help make a difference in her life.
The shifts are: Friday, Saturday, Sunday 3pm-10pm (eligible for benefits)
We also have casual shifts available.
At CVS we pride ourselves in our work. On a daily basis, we work to create the conditions that make for a better quality of life for the people we support. We need staff who are creative, values-based, and respectful. In return, we create a flexible and fun environment so that our employees can thrive and have the freedom to help change people’s lives. As an employer, we strive to be responsive, respectful and open.
- Your responsibilities in this position will include supporting and fostering independence, effective communication and community access.
- Experience with challenging behaviours and working with people who have autism is preferred.
- Certification in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training or the MANDT system is also an asset. We do provide extensive training on the unique needs of each individual you would support.
- A clean driver's abstract, MCFD clearance and criminal record check are required.
- A current First Aid/CPR certificate
If you have experience with children or youth who are at risk or have developmental disabilities as an educational assistant, behavioural interventionist, or any teaching/support role, this may be a great opportunity for you.
Please submit resume with brief cover letter.
Job Type: Part-time