Port Moody, BC
Salary: $20.00 /hour
Community Ventures Society is a small, values based, social profit agency providing services to adults with diverse abilities and children & youth with special needs.
At CVS we pride ourselves in our work. On a daily basis, we work to create the conditions that make for a better quality of life for the people we support. We need staff who are creative, values-based, and respectful. In return, we create a flexible and fun environment so that our employees can thrive and have the opportunity to help change people's lives. As an employer, we strive to be responsive, respectful and open.
CVS is looking for an enthusiastic, and organized Human Resources Assistant with excellent communication skills.
The Human Resources Assistant will be working closely with Manager of HR and Quality Assurance, assisting in various HR functions and projects. The HR Assistant will gain valuable experience in the field and in labour relations.
Hours of work are 28 hrs/week, Monday to Thursday 9am-4:30pm (can be flexible).
Eligible for benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruitment and selection process:
- Posting jobs on different sites
- Process and review employment applications to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants.
- Conducting interviews
- Reference checks * Inputting data, creating and analyzing reports
- Providing information to supervisors, and employees by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
- Documenting and recording information
- Performing administrative duties such as maintaining personnel files
- Preparing HR correspondence including offer letters, new hire packages, and letters of employment
- Assist with HR projects as necessary
- Take minutes during meetings
- Assist in processing enrollments, changes, and terminations of participants in all benefit and pension plans
- A diploma or certificate in Human Resources or equivalent is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Time management skills - coordinating and scheduling
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with tact and discretion
- Excellent computer skills especially in Google Suite
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, and respond to management direction
- Knowledge of ADP System is an asset