Home Support Worker
Hours: Part-Time, Saturday/Sunday 8am-3pm
Wage: $21.63 per hour (to start)
About Community Ventures Society:
At Community Ventures Society (CVS) we strive to provide person-centred support to adults and children who have developmental disabilities by helping them connect with their community and take advantage of opportunities to have a meaningful life.
The Home Support Worker position entails supporting people with developmental disabilities, in the comfort of their own home. The successful candidate will be facilitating community based activities, teaching life skills, fostering independence, assisting in planning social events, as well as assisting them in their home (this includes cooking, cleaning, homework etc).
What you bring to the job:
- A class 5 driver’s license and your own reliable vehicle
- Current First Aid training, and
- A clean driving and criminal record
- You are willing to learn about and implement Trauma Informed Support plans, Positive Behaviour Supports, and MANDT.
- You possess the ability to connect and communicate with the individuals we serve in a respectful way, and be supportive of the needs of the individuals.
- Positive attitude
What CVS Offers:
CVS appreciates and encourages diversity within our staff team, supports staff to further their education and training, and provides opportunities for advancement. CVS also offers our employees additional elements as part of their compensation including:
- Competitive benefits
- Paid vacation
- Employee wellness and recognition programs
If you are interested in applying for the Home Support Worker position, please complete the form below: