In Celebration of National Indigenous History Month
The month of June is National Indigenous History Month and June 21st is National Indigenous Peoples Day!
This is a day for all Canadians to recognize and celebrate the unique heritage, diverse cultures and outstanding contributions of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples. The Canadian Constitution recognizes these three groups as Aboriginal Peoples, also known as Indigenous peoples and we are proud to celebrate our country’s heritage.
CVS is excited to host activities in celebration of National Indigenous Peoples Month recognizing the First Nations, Inuit and Metis peoples!
Below are a few resources to learn more
- National Indigenous Peoples Day
- BC Alliance for Arts & Culture – Residential Schools & Indigenous Resilience
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada – Education
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada – Exhibits
- Orange Shirt Society – Resources and Ideas
- View the Land Acknowledgement Guide
- The Learning about Braiding Bracelets Guide