March is National Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month
Did you know that March is National Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month? At CVS, one of our strategic commitments is to raise awareness of inclusion in the community and educate the public about the needs of this diverse group, so it helps to enable a greater awareness understanding for the wider community.
Although March is a month for raising awareness about developmental disabilities, CVS strives to do this 365 days a year. We encourage you to learn more about topics related to inclusion in your community. Here are some excellent resources to learn more throughout March and in educating yourself all year long –
- Inclusive Education – https://inclusionbc.org/our-campaigns/inclusive-education/
- Inclusive Employment – https://inclusionbc.org/our-resources/the-business-case/
- Inclusive Housing – https://inclusionbc.org/our-resources/home-is-where-our-story-begins/
- Person Centred Language in the Workplace – https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/careers/all-employees/working-with-others/words-matter.pdf
- People First Language – https://www.verywellfamily.com/focus-on-the-person-first-is-good-etiquette-2161897